Friday 9 April 2010

I don't care much for Torry-Ann

There's probably a snappy title somewhere in this, along the lines of no return policies or similar.  But I'm not in the mood for jokes.  It's my own fault, really, and I should have known better to click on this headline.  My blood is still boiling.

Basically, an American woman called Torry-Ann Hansen adopted a seven-year old Russian boy and he went to go and live with her in Tenessee. So far so good. Then, six months later she decided she couldn't cope with his bad behaviour, and didn't want to be his mother after all. So she sent him back. On a plane, on his own, with a note.  Also with (and I include this information purely in the interests of fair reporting, which is more than Torry-Ann deserves, if you ask me) some colouring pencils and snacks.

The snacks and stationery don't do a lot to change my opinion of Torry-Ann, but maybe that's just me.  There's also a reason that this particular story has hit a raw nerve, which I am still sorting out in my head and which I may post later.  For now let it be known: I don't know that much about Torry-Ann Hansen.  But I do know that I don't care for her much.

No comments:

Post a Comment