Thursday 26 August 2010

Reasons to be cheerful

Time for a little light relief round these parts, I think.

1. From the comments at another blog:
I'm sorry to ignore the four challenges you've thrown down but I just wanted to add my own favourite phrase to those you mentioned. It comes from my daughter; it is the name of a game she used to play with her best friend, and it's called Restaurant, Vampire & Pony.
This game sounds BRILLIANT.  I can't begin to imagine what it involves or how on earth this daughter's woman ever came up with it, but I would dearly love to know. And, I have so many questions.  What kind of restaurant? Are the vampires the customers, or is the pony? Who pays the bill? Is there a vegetarian option?
 
2. I doubt there is anyone in entire universe who hasn't heard the cat-in-the-wheelie-bin story a million times by now, but here's an alternative version of the story you may not have seen. It's very silly, but it made me smile.
 
3. "Sorry, I must have got my Walters crossed" is my new favourite expression.  This is why. Good old Letters of Note.  (Speaking of LoN this is incredibly sweet too. I can't remember if I've posted it before)
 
4. Some time soon I am going to learn how to knit this squid:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment