Monday 13 September 2010

Happy Roald Dahl Day

It would have been his 94th birthday today, and there are all sorts of celebrations going on.  Not just today, but all month, which is exactly how birthdays ought to be marked in my opinion. 

There's lots I could say about Mr Dahl but I'm sure it's all been said before; he is simply ace, obviously. I have fond memories of reading The Twits to the the first class I ever taught;  seeing a bunch of tough, street-smart ten year olds reduced to hysterics and fits of disgusted giggles over eyeball soup, worm spaghetti and the contents of Mr Twit's beard was nothing short of glorious.

I can't possibly pick one quote or one story or one recomendation to mark the occasion; but there's plenty to choose from here. Knock yourself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment