Sunday 26 September 2010

Sunday Night Music Club

One of my favourite things in the whole wide internet is Spotify.  It's a brilliant way to discover all sorts of music, whether that means unearthing long forgotten gems (may I gently point you in the direction of The Rockmelons?) or making brand new discoveries.  For the latter, it works best when paired with Twitter, where there are lots of lovely people around who like to create playlists and then tweet about them.  I like these people a lot.

It was the Twitter/Spotify powerhouse combo, in the hands of Time Out magazine, which led me tonight's SNMC selection.  Time Out publish a themed Spotify playlist each week, and on Friday the theme was cover versions.  I haven't quite worked out how to link to a Spotify playlist yet (anyone?) but you might find it by doing a search.

The list contained some brilliant songs, including this, which gave me goosebumps right in the middle of the Royal Festival Hall.  Twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment