Thursday 23 September 2010

You'd think a world famous rap artist who sells millions of albums a year could afford a decent set of colouring pencils, wouldn't you?

If you useTwitter you could do a lot worse than follow Kanye West.  I'm not a fan of his music, particularly, but his tweets are brilliantly bonkers, as per these examples:

I feel like if I had to be defined at this point I'll take the title of an inventor or maybe curator. Sonic inventions, curated by emotion.
If baroque and mod had a car crash... what would that ambulance look like?
I know I say it all the time but I want to live inside the Helmut Newton book or inside a Guy Bourdin photo*
  Fighting to be prolific but specific
Whether it's financial or personal skill constraints... Have you ever wished you could just draw better when you want to explain your idea?

He does need some lessons in Twitter etiquette; at the moment he is conducting a survey among his followers to find out who they think the coolest famous creative people are, and  is re-tweeting EVERY SINGLE reply which is clogging up my Twitter feed like no-one's business.  Among the usual suspects (Alexander McQueen, various rap artists I've never heard of, and Quentin Tarantino) answers have included:  "Mick Jagger and Marc Jacobs" (is it just me who is intrigued by this pairing?) and "your mum".


UPDATE:  "I know this is an ironically uncool thing to state but this might have been one of the best questions in Twitter history lol!" says Kanye


*I say this all the time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment