Monday 18 October 2010

“You can’t do better than go away from home and get a draw.”

What do I know about football?   Not a lot, but even I know there's something not quite right with the above. Still, God bless Kevin Keegan; ex-international player and England manager with a propensity for putting his foot in his mouth.  Here are some other gems from Big Kev:


"Argentina are the second best team in the world and there is no higher praise than that."

"I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again. "

“I don’t think there’s anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona.”

“The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they’re not careful.”

“They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he’s nothing like him, but I can see why – it’s because he’s a bit different.”

“Goalkeepers aren’t born today until they’re in their late twenties or thirties.”

“There’ll be no siestas in Madrid tonight.”

“Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice.”


Just occasionally though, he talks some sense. My favourite line of his is this:
I know what is around the corner – I just don’t know where the corner is.
My life, more or less, in a nut-shell.

Maybe his other comments aren't quite so silly after all (yes they are.) I mean, with so much uncertainty in the world, “it's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney". Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment