Tuesday 30 November 2010

History like you've never seen it

For reasons which are no longer important, I recently found myself trying to remember whether St Thomas Aquinas was for or against free will.
It got me thinking:  If only someone could sum up the key points of St Thomas Aquinas's world view and set them to some sort of music....like, oh, I don't know, an iconic 80s pop classic, maybe.  

Well, OK, it's not exactly what I ended up thinking.  But even so, just imagine my joy when I found this early today:   





The good news is, that there is a whole channel on of these clips on YouTube.  Are you a  bit rusty on the French Revolution?  Here's some Lady Gaga.  Or maybe you need to know how to make an Egyptian mummy, in which case Green Day can help you out.

And look! Look! They have even done THE CANTERBURY TALES!!



It is a brilliant idea.  I am slowly making my way through all 47 of them, and am particularly looking forward to the story of Beowulf to the tune of 99 Luftballoons.  The Justin Timberlake / Sexyback take on William the Conqueror, also.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha- I got a kick out of this- I am the one writing and singing these (aka Mrs. B)- glad you enjoy and thanks for the shout out- my personal fav is Elizabeth I to She's Not There

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Mrs B - and very exciting to hear from you! They really are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete