Sunday 7 November 2010

Sunday Night Music Club -the early edition

I'm going out for dinner later, so thought I'd slip this one in early.

Why this song now?  Well, I'm listening almost exclusively to music which would have been around in Autumn 2002 at the moment, because that's when the story I'm writing is set.  Basically it came down to a choice between this, Westlife and Liberty X.

You're welcome.  Besides, it has that sort of melancholy Sunday night feel to it, don't you think?

Hard-core Stereophonics fans will tell you that this song was actually relased earlier than 2002 and they'd be quite right.  But then I did say I'm listening to music which was *around* in Autumn 2002, and since that's when the second series of The Office was broadcast, and that series used a version (not this one) of Handbags and Gladrags as its theme-song, it was EVERYWHERE in Autumn 2002.  Remember?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment