Sunday 14 November 2010

Sunday Night Music Club

The link is tenuous, but bear with me.

I've just come home from a lovely long lunch at Artisan and Vine, one of my favourite places,in the world.  It's my birthday tomorrow, and lunch was the culmination of an excellent weekend of birthday celebrations with various friends, most (all) of which involved quite a lot of wine and all of which were a lot of fun.

A friend gave me some cheese as a birthday present.  Not just any cheese; it's the cheese made by Alex James from out of Blur.  One reason I like Artisan and Vine so much is it's the kind of place where, when my friend said "it's her birthday and she's just been given some special cheese; would you mind if we had some bread so we can all try it?" the waiter didn't even bat an eyelid.

The cheese was ace, lunch was ace, my other presents were all ace, the whole weekend has been ace. It's been the best birthday I've had in years, and IT'S STILL NOT EVEN MY ACTUAL BIRTHDAY YET.  I have some seriously excellent friends.

All this means that picking a song tonight was tricky, becuase I wanted to mark the occasion in some way.  I nearly picked a "getting older" song, and then I nearly picked a Blur song and then I nearly picked an "all my friends are absolutely ACE" song and then I looked up Alex James on Wikipedia and discovered he has a son called Gallileo and then I remembered this:



No comments:

Post a Comment