Sunday 30 January 2011

Sunday Night Music Club

I am excited about this.  Properly properly excited.

I turned on the telly when I got in this evening, and guess what I found?  Flight of the Conchords.  Some of the Glee cast.  In THE SAME EPISODE of The Simpsons.  I am pretty sure that I have died and gone to TV heaven.

For the un-initiated, Flight of the Conchords are a musical comedy double act who come from New Zealand, make a TV show set in New York and are just about the best thing sinced sliced bananas.  In fact, I'm astounded that I haven't done a FOTC themed SNMC club before now. *

In The Simpsons they play two camp counsellors who work at a Performing Arts summer camp attended by Lisa.  You know what the weird thing is?  I spent today with a friend who I first met when we were both working as counsellors in an American summer camp.  And you know what's even weirder? I was wearing (and am still wearing*) my favourite t-shirt, which looks like this:


Do you know who those people are? Do you? DO YOU?  Only FLIGHT OF THE BLIMMING CONCHORDS, that's who!!!

Any-hoo, here they are:



Also exciting: according to the credits, that is Stephen actual Hawking singing.  I really really hope the credits aren't lying. 

* So astounded, in fact, that I'm almost starting to think that perhaps I have, and I've just forgotten that I did it. If anyone has a better memory for these things than me, or just more of an inclination to trawl through old posts and check, then knock yourself out.  And please let me know.)


**Possibly not any more, by the time you are reading this.  I do take it off to wash it, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment