Sunday 20 February 2011

Sunday Night Music Club

I was spoiled for choice tonight.  So spoiled for choice, I very nearly picked something else.  But like the jackdaws, that something else will just have to wait.

This band are, in my opinion, criminally underrated.  Yes, they are "modern".  Yes, they are slightly mass-produced and yes, they are (or at least they were when they recorded this) barely post-adolescent, testosterone fuelled, pimply faced boys; making them - let's face it - just about the most undesirable creatures on the planet. *  But you know what?  They sing a darn good pop-song.  I'm not afraid to admit it - I love them.  Even though I'm probably not supposed to, what with being old enough to be their mother and all.

If jangly guitars, catchy vocals and sunny, innocent lyrics are your thing, then you will love this.  If not, then more fool you.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present for your enjoyment: McFly.



If you ever wanted to woo me with music (I know you've been wondering), this song would probably do it.  They also do an excellent cover version, as per here (Town Called Malice) and here (Queen's "Don't stop Me Now")  and here (beatles)
* Unless of course you're a barely post-adolescent, testosterone loving pimply faced (or otherwise) girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment