Sunday 3 April 2011

Sunday Night Music Club

I'm writing this with the echoes of not just one, but TWO live gigs I saw this week still ringing in my ears.  I am so rock and roll.

On Tuesday it was Elbow at the 02 - a proper stadium gig with tens of thousands of other people.  Then on Friday I went to Koko in Camden, to see Paul Heaton (ex-Belle and Sebastian).  I hadn't been to Koko before, but it might just be my new favourite music venue.  Both nights were ace - no time to do either one of them justice at the moment - and made me think what I always think when I see live music, which is "I really ought to get out and see more live music."

I've played Elbow on a Sunday night before, but these are Villagers, who were the support act:



And here's some Paul Heaton (there's an interview first, but he does eventually sing):



I genuinely thought, until about two minutes ago, that this song was called "life of a cow", which is what I was singing along to all of the choruses on Friday night. See? I'm TOTALLY rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment