Tuesday 13 March 2012

Andrew Stanton : The Clues to a Good Story

Andrew Stanton wrote all three Toy Story films as well as Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life and Wall-E.  He gave a Ted talk recently, in which he shared some of what he has learned over the years about storytelling.  Just as I will never tire of hearing people tell stories, I will never tire of hearing people talk about stories, and Stanton does it briliantly here.



 

There are a lot of moments I love in his presentation, but I think the part I love most of all is where he says that after he wrote A Bugs Life and the first Toy Story, he became so hooked on screenwriting that he wanted to learn everything he possibly could about how to be better at it.  And so that's what he did - he read books and did research and went to seminars on screenwriting EVEN THOUGH HE HAD JUST WRITTEN TOY STORY.






No comments:

Post a Comment