Tuesday 13 November 2012

Phew!

Busy day.  I have a new favourite carpark:



And a new favourite movie tagline:



And a new favourite unconfirmed quote, from the youngest Titanic survivor, who apparently when offered a drink said:

"I can't bear iced drinks..... the iceberg, you know.  Perhaps some champagne though."

I really hope she did say it.

The car-park is attached to Kansas City public library, and came from someone on Twitter (the really cool part of the story is that the residents got to vote for which books were featured).  The movie, which  really is about sharks being caught in a tornado comes from the always entertaining, and often aquatic Plenty More Fish where there's a much better explanation than I've just given, and I can't remember who told me about the Futility Closet website which provided the Titanic quote (sorry if it was you) but I have barely looked at any other part of the internet since.

Also, after watching last night's Children in Need special episode of Only Connect I have a new admiration for Richard Osman's ability to recall the lyrics of "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover".  It's on the iPlayer for the next week, so if you're quick you can click here to see why.  The man's a genius.








No comments:

Post a Comment