Wednesday 27 January 2010

Arise, Sir Hall.....

If buildings could be knighted, Royal Festival Hall (part of the Southbank Centre) definitely deserves a gong.

It's a fantastic place. Being without internet access at home at the moment, I've pretty much set up semi-permanent residence in the foyer.  It's spotlessly clean, with plenty of room, a decent bar and coffee shop, and free wi-fi.  Plus it's full of all kinds of interesting people, who are great fun to eavsdrop on.  Today I was working next to a man who had been awarded a prize for services to Polish cinema, yesterday I overheard a group of peole who were making a music video for a musician with Downs Syndrome, asking for his feedback.

I knew it pretty well even before this week; in the past 12 months I've been  there to play scrabble, shared pain, joy and chocolate with fellow NaNoWriMo-ers in the foyer, been to a couple of concerts and killed several spare hours there with a glass of wine and my laptop, catching up on emails and enjoying the view over the Thames.

No comments:

Post a Comment