Tuesday 23 March 2010

Quote of the Day

I am having a startlingly productive day.  Startling to me, at at least; I can't imagine anyone else being quite so amazed by, or even interested in, the speed with which I'm cutting through my to-do list.

In the quest to find something slightly more generically startling to post here (all part of the service, folks) I turned to Google, which may not surprise some people who know me. Before I even started to search I saw this Jules Renard quote on my home page:

"Literature is an occupation in which you have to keep proving your talent to people who have none."

Now, there is no way anything I've ever written could be described as 'literature'; and I'm still waiting to work out if I have any shred of something which might be described as a literary talent (I suspect not).  But I still love this quote, mainly because it's so politely scathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment