Sunday 18 April 2010

If you are dieting, do not read this

I have never quite worked out what Posterous is for, but Daniel Young, the guy who runs youngandfoodish.com (great name, no?) clearly has. I'm glad, because otherwise  I would never have known about this:




That, cholesterol fans, is a plate of Cadbury Creme Eggs Benedict.  I am deadly serious. Those things which look like hash browns are FRIED CAKE.   If you are feeling brave (or are just insane) here are the full instructions, courtesy of cakespy.

(One person says in the comments:  I can't decide whether to throw up or make this for lunch.  Good point well made, I think.)

I am reminded of a poster I saw in New York:



This was at Eleni's cupcake shop, at Chelsea Market, which is brilliant and well worth a visit if you are in the Big Apple.  Americans, as you may already know, take their cupcakes very, very seriously.


Here's another picture:


 This is not a cupcake; it's the burger and fries at The Spotted Pig, also in New York.   If you are going to New York and ask people you know for suggestions of what you should do there, chances are EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU SPEAK TO will tell you about the Spotted Pig. At least that's what happened to me: three friends, a New Yorker I met at a wedding in Sydney, and two different in-flight magazines recommended it.  I'm extremely glad I listened to them.

If you have not been put off Cadbury Creme Eggs completely by the idea of Bennedicting them, you might like this, which comes courtesy of http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/:




Just to be clear, that's a normal sized creme egg in the bottom corner. 

Pimp That Snack (fans of intellectual property law might be interested to know it used to be called something else) is the kind of website you shouldn't start to explore unless you have some time on your hands.  My friend Suse told me about it: she also pointed me towards whatnottocrochet.com, which could also chew up lot of your time, if you are anything like me.  Here is a taster:



I mean, who *wouldn't* want a zebra head made of wool?










No comments:

Post a Comment