Wednesday 21 April 2010

Sick

I am pretty sure I have man flu. By which I mean I still have exactly the same rotten cold I had yesterday, I am just feeling more miserable about it.

After spending most of the day wrestling with an application, due at 4pm, for a job I think I might really really want ( which, of course, made the application really really hard to write) I'm now wallowing on the couch with my duvet, lots of fluids and a copy of Pride and Prejudice. Yes, I know it's a cliche, but given the absence of flatmates, significant others and whisky-toting St Bernards round these parts, sometimes cliches are all a girl can hope for.  Woe is me etc etc.

I only mention this because the particular edition of P+P that was in my local library (I know, I can't believe I don't own my own copy either) has an introduction by someone called Viviene Jones, whose first name I read as Vinnie.  For longer than I should have been, I was quite suprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment