Tuesday 11 May 2010

Oh What A Night

I have been glued to BBC news for most of the afternoon and evening.  Still can't quite believe what I've been watching, but I guess it was inevitable really.  For those who missed it (really?), David Cameron is the new Prime Minister.

 An hour or so ago I turned over to watch Heston's 80s themed feast, and thank God it was on tonight. Featuring, among other things: microwave recipes, rubiks cube pepper mills (I SO want one), boil in the bag meals, space dust, the A-Team, a Delorean, soda streams, slush puppies and food which hovered, it gave me a false sense of security which I desperately needed.  For the second time today, I found myself thinking:  sometimes I wish I was still a 10 year old.

Simon Blackwell posted a link to this video earlier today on Twitter, and it totally sums up how I feel. Iconically English, yet oddly childlike. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. We have those Rubik's Cube Salt 'n' Pepper Mills that Heston had on his 80's themed feast.

    We got them at http://www.giftmonger.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - cheers for this! That is one dangerous looking website. It's lucky they don't sell Deloreans.

    ReplyDelete