Thursday 13 May 2010

We strive to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

Really, Amazon?  Really?

 


I won't bang on about my delayed delivery again.*   But I've just read this, which reminded me of this, and made me impatient to find out what else Jules Renard has to say.  I am becoming obsessed with this man.

In the absence of his journal,  I'm having to settle for quote hunting. Here's the elusive Mr Renard on life, love, laziness, and, er, carpentry:

        Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others

        We don't understand life any better at forty than at twenty, but we know it and
        admit it

        Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties


        The horse is the only animal into which one can bang nails


That last one was on Wikipedia and I can't find it anywhere else so far, but haven't had time for a proper look.  Truth be told, I'm a little nervous about googling "banging nails into horses" too closely.

Usually I love Amazon, and to be fair this is the first time I've every had a problem. But the generic, error-filled, largely irrelevant email I've just had from their customer service team would suggest that they have a long way to go in their quest for world (sorry, EARTH) customer service domination.

I am trying to be patient.  After all, Jules also said:

 Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.


*If you're new here, there has been quite a lot of banging on going on.  Basically, I've been waiting for an Amazon delivery which is very late and it is driving me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment