Thursday 17 June 2010

Three things you probably already know about Formula One racing

1. Button, not Bunsen.

2. Races can be won or lost on tyre tactics alone.  Those cars might look fancy, but when it comes down to the line, it's all about the tyres.  Strategic decisions need to be made about when to change from hard to soft and back again; get your tactics wrong, and you're history.

3. The Canadian course, in particular, is excellent. If you are going to only ever watch one Grand Prix race during the season, make it Canada.  It's the most exciting one.

I'm crazy busy today but recently I promised, for reasons now completely beyond me, to write a blog post about Formula One.  This is the best I can come up with.  I watched for the first time ever on Sunday, and was more surprised than I can say that I really, really, enjoyed it.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment