Saturday 11 September 2010

Edinburgh Postscript: Whispers from the Pleasance Courtyard

I've just remembered something I overheard in Edinburgh, from a guy wandering around the Pleasance courtyard trying to drum up interest in his friend's show:

"If you like self depreciating and endearing comedy which lambasts estate agents, South Africans, and the really pretentious people he met on his gap year, you'll LOVE Jimmy."

Is it just me, or is that quite a niche market he's aiming for?

A bit later, on the other side of the courtyard, I witnessed some excellent parenting:

"No, Adam, you don't play with glasses."   (Picture at this moment, if you will, a very annoyed looking man carrying a smallish child in one arm and blindly groping around at the air in front of him with the other.) "Give them back please."

Adam finally got bored, and gave them back.

Father: "Right.  Thank you.  Now, count to 600 for punishment."
Adam: "Oh, can't I just go to 300?"
Father (firmly): 600.  And consider yourself lucky I'm only making you do it in English."

No comments:

Post a Comment