Thursday 4 October 2012

You've Got Mail.....

No, wait.  I mean, I've got mail:



A little parcel of these publicity postcards for Stations - the short story anthology I've contributed to - arrived today.

Here's what they look like on the back:



We have a publication date!  And and ISBN number!  THIS REALLY TRULY IS GOING TO BE AN ACTUAL BOOK!

As you can probably tell, I'm starting to get a bit excited by these postcards.

But not as excited as I was by THIS:



A BADGE!  With my NAME on it!  Which says I am an AUTHOR!

I am way more excited about the badge than I ought to be.  In fact, I'm way more excited about the badge than I thought I was going to be.  Because I knew it was coming; my publisher (my PUBLISHER.  Yes, I KNOW....) sent an email last week, saying she'd had them made up.  To be honest, I was a little dubious.  But now that I've seen mine, I love it.  I'm not saying I'll wear it out in public, necessarily, but I might wear it under my other clothes sometimes.  Kind of like a Superman cape.

STATIONS is, as by now you may have surmised, a collection of short stories inspired by the East London overground line and will be available online and in bookshops from November 29th.  My story was inspired by Hoxton, and more specifically by the wonderful Hoxton Street Monster Supplies.  It's a place very close to my heart for reasons I have been meaning to blog about for ages, and will endeavour to do so very soon.

Speaking of which, I'm very aware that this blog has become one big plug-fest for my own writing lately.  Sorry and etcetera.  It's just that it's all been a bit exciting lately.  I'll try and redress the balance in the next few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment